Walking down the street, Jesus saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked, “Rabbi who sinned: this man or his parents, causing him to be born blind?”

Jesus said, “You’re asking the wrong question. You’re looking for someone to blame. There is no such cause –effect here. Look instead for what God can do.  John 9: 1-3 The Message Bible

God is always doing something in my life, changing me into His likeness.  Hopefully when people look at me they will see God’s glory revealed in me.
 
Recently our church had a weekly discussion/video series on the Holy Spirit. We started each meeting by sharing what God had done in our lives the previous week.

One week I had an interesting event to share.  I had been working in the garden digging some thorny bushes out and my gardening gloves had holes in them.  They weren’t doing a good job at keeping the thorns out of my fingers. I thought I must buy new ones.  I could afford to buy them. Unfortunately by the time I walk into the house I had forgotten to put them on my shopping list.  

The following day I was at my cousin’s daughter’s baby shower. Around 65 women had attended it.  At the beginning of the shower we were given a pin to wear that was a piece of white material shaped into a diaper.  We would find out at the end of the shower what it was for. They had the usual games where the winner got to go pick out her prize.  At the end of the shower there was one gift left. My cousin said, “One diaper was dirty, who has it”. They had put a melted chocolate chip in it. 
 I had that diaper.  The prize I got was a decorative metal box with a garden stone and a pair of gardening gloves, better quality than I would have bought. God had to orchestrate them to buy the basket and gloves, then not let any one pick this prize. 

God  could have had me win a game and I would have picked out the gloves, but where would God’s glory be?   
God made Sarah and Abraham wait until they well past child bearing days to have Isaac so that what He did for them would be known forever. In my eyes the gloves are small compared to Sarah having Isaac, but God loves me and takes care of me, even when I view my life events to be insignificant. 

God does many things in our lives that we don’t even realize, perhaps preventing someone from running a red light because they had just turned off their cell phone or didn’t pick up when it rang. I don’t think we know the half of what God does for us.

God loves us so much He desires to do many wonderful things for us. God is a wonderful lovely God. The God of all gods.  

Share in the comments what God has done in your life, recently or in the past.

Prayer  May we let God work in our lives and me we recognize what He has done.”




Comments (4)

On May 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM , Handiworkin' Girls said...

"...but God loves me and takes care of me, even when I view my life events to be insignificant."

So well-written, just what I needed to read today. Thank you!

 
On May 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

God is with me always and does for me every day.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On May 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM , the butlers pottery said...

God send to us what we need when we need it.

 
On May 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM , Anonymous said...

Our God is so good! :)