When I want to share something that will bless you, I ask myself, “What is the most important thing that God has been teaching me the past couple of weeks?” I know He teaches me so I can share with others to lift them up and to help them grow. (Romans 14:19)

My pastor has been doing a sermon series on spiritual warfare. I don’t know about you, but my family has been under serious attack.
You know the verse, “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9)
I learned it in a new way. If anyone asked me, I would’ve said that I have no power in and of myself and that Jesus has all the power; that in fact, I am a wretch saved by grace. I would never have said that I act in my own power. Never. Ever.
But my heart was deceitful. 
When Satan started attacking my mind, feeding me lies, I rebuke him, telling him he has no power over me- to get lost. True, no? 
Nope. 
I always wondered why my heart still felt heavy and I had to continue to pray and beg for God to help me, to give me strength to keep going moment by moment, breath by breath. And my heart would slowly seem to come up for air. 
Not that that’s wrong, in general- and there is most definitely times when we do need to pray that for strength for the moment and for each breath. But when Satan is attacking? Hmmmmm....
How does the Bible say we are to rebuke him? Zechariah 3:2- “The LORD said to Satan, ‘The LORD rebuke you!” 
Duh! If God uses His Name as the authority, shouldn’t I? Use His Name, I mean, not mine. Who am I to rebuke him? 
So, I changed my previous wimpy plan. To a battle cry. 
The next time Satan attacked my thoughts, I said, “The LORD rebuke you! You have no power here.”
My heart shot to the surface for air. 
Whoa. The Power of Jesus’ Name. Incredible.
I pray this blesses you.

because Beauty is more than skin deep,
Emily



Comments (4)

On April 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM , Unknown said...

Such an awesome post! I love that you shared this.

 
On April 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM , Prayer Notes by Cynthia said...

Emily!
This is a powerful post! No matter how much we read the Bible and try to remember the Scripture, we will always learn something new. I will use this Scripture, over and over, again. Thank you and bless you. Cynthia

 
On April 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

Emily!
Thank you so much for the reminder. Why do we forget to say that?
Thank you!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On April 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Good and necessary lesson - thank you for posting it.