I resolve things everyday of my life, but what does it mean in the context the bible sets forth for me to Resolve.
A few of the translations I looked through used the words"stand fast", "to settle" or from the dictionary to make a "firm decision".
I love the word to settle, or to settle in my mind something that I'm making a decision on, and of course by this it is the settling in my mind that I believe in the Triune God.
The work of the Father, the work of the Son and the Work of the Holy Spirit, do I believe it, have I settled it in my mind that this is the truth.
A resounding "yes" is what I will stand firm on.
I am firm in my belief that there is a God, I am settled in my mind that He sent His Son to die for my sins, and sent the Holy Spirit to indwell in me.
Science can not prove it wrong, Scholars have failed to prove anything other than the Bible is Truth, there is no refuting it's validity.
There isn't anything that can sway me from this truth, the evidence is all around me that, even though He is unseen, He is present in everything from the largest to the most miniscule, the seen and the unseen bears His mark and by that statement I am not untouched by His hand.
His Handiwork is all around us, just look at the flowers of the field, or the abundance of a harvest, the water that feeds them, the air that they breathe, the sun that shines on them in order that they might grow and bring forth fruit that they may be enjoyed.
He breathes life into me that I might daily give Him praise and share with the world the goodness of His mighty name, I will not be weary, but will continually glorify His name.

1 Cor 16:13-14 (NKJV) Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.


How are you Resolved today?

Blessings, Julia
JT Designs 
www.juliatellier.etsy.com

Comments (4)

On April 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM , Sheila said...

Steadfast in agreement with you!

 
On April 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

I am resolved to resolve!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On April 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM , Handiworkin' Girls said...

Beautiful and encouraging. Thank you!

 
On April 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM , Cynthia said...

I am resolved! Thank you, for an uplifting message. I created a set of tags from Romans 1:16-- I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Amen!