With Easter just around the corner my thoughts have been meditating on what Easter means
I am always brought back to John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (NKJV)
God loved us that much, he could see we needed help, so he sent His Son to plead on our behalf.
I thought about the aspect of God's Love for me and how I interact with Him in my daily life. Do I speak to God on a regular basis, read His word daily, and show my Love, Respect & Reverence for Him? I emphatically had to answer "no" I don't.  
I am constantly falling short in prayer, in Reverence, and in reading His word, I find excuses not to, or say there isn't enough time, having no faith at all that the Lord makes time and there really is no excuse.
My Mom would say it's a case of the Me, me's, it always made me laugh, until I saw that I was the one coming down with a case of them. Me, me this, and Me, me that...it's nauseating the amount of time I spend thinking about myself, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, but there is a cure for it...Jesus.
I am so thankful for each day that I wake up and have another day, another opportunity, another chance to show Him that His Son did not die in vain, that I do love Him, want to honor Him, and follow Him. I want to put off the old man and put on the new, to stop thinking about myself all day long and to change my thinking to things above, to keep my eyes focused on Him.
Then I started to think what it must be like for our Lord to wait for us, to come to know Him, change our lives to walk like Him, to call out to Him. Like any parent, waiting to hear from their child, it can be excruciatingly painful, even heartbreaking and I thought, does our Lord go through that while waiting to hear from me?  I couldn't help it, the stream of tears started rolling down my face as I thought about what it really means to Him to hear from me, the sacrifice He made for me, and I fell on my knees in repentance and began to pray...
"Lord, please forgive me for putting "me" first, You are such an Awesome God and I can't even fathom the depths of Your love for me but I know You loved me so much that You sent Your Son to die for me and I Love you Lord and want to change. Thank you Lord for hearing my cries, seeing my heart, and loving me despite my weakness. In Jesus name I pray! AMEN.
Thank you for joining with me in this prayer....I am thankful for each and every one of you, for your shops and how you stand firm in Christ by using your talents to glorify Him,
I pray you all have an Easter that you will never forget, an Easter that changes your heart to walk closer and deeper with your Lord.
Happy Resurrection Sunday!
Happy Easter!
Blessings,
Julia
Jt Designs  www.jtellier.etsy.com

Comments (4)

On March 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM , Sheila said...

Julia, such a thoughtful post. Thank you for sharing your heart and prayer during the holy week ahead.

 
On March 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM , Kathleen said...

A blessing to read this today. Thank you!

 
On March 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

God is so awesome.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On March 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thank you so much, Julia. I love devotional with prayers.