It is my pleasure to introduce Gerda Collins of Gerdas Garden as our Wednesday Featured Artist.
Tell us a bit about yourself, Gerda.
     The process of creating a painting is what thrills me the most. I am very intensely focused when I paint. Usually painting alone or with one other cherished friend. When a painting is finished I am almost sad, because that specific, unique journey is over; never to be duplicated.
     All of creation inspires me. Especially the plants, flowers, trees.  I grew up helping my mom in her garden and those 'roots' have served me well in my painting journeys. I have always been a crafter, even as a child, this is just my latest adventure.
    Not being a 'professionally trained' artist (save for a couple classes) I have had to overcome the idea that I was not a 'real' artist. Thanks to the encouragement I have found among Etsians I now say, "I am an artist".
My work has a softer caste to it, which is on purpose. I seek a gentler way and a kinder spirit to reach out to the world.


How did you get your start on Etsy?
      I opened my first shop in 2007 after a friend told me about this new site for handcrafters. Opened gerdasgarden in 2009 when I decided to focus on my artwork.


-How did you choose your shop name? 
     I wanted a name that had my name, since it's unusual and therefore easy to remember and that reflected much of what I paint. the outdoors.


-What does a typical day look like for you? 
      I have the privilege of working from home. My art is a part-time venture for now. I usually tend to 'home type' matters in the morning and paint once a week alongside a fellow artist. Most afternoons I try to spend a few hours online working on listings or other computer related adventures (twitter, pinterest etc)


-If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?  Holy Lands

-What is your favorite Bible verse?   Proverbs 3:5-6
     "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."
-What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature?

-URLs to where else we can find you on the internet (Facebook fan page, Twitter, your own dot.com, your blog, etc)


Twitter --  https://twitter.com/gerdasgarden

Gerda's work is delightful and gives us that glimpse of spring that we are longing for.

posted by: Zuda Gay Pease

Comments (12)

On March 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM , Becky K. said...

Oh, this is delightful. Gerda's work is just what I love. Thanks for featuring her today.

 
On March 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM , sammysgrammy said...

Water color is my favorite medium, specifically because it is soft, willowy, a bit blurry. Just my opinion - I think this is how the Creator does those beautiful sunsets.........

 
On March 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM , Faith Caroline said...

Wow, your artwork is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

 
On March 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM , Rafael y Nelly said...

I love watercolour. Lovely work, and great artist to feature.

 
On March 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM , krafterskorner said...

Very pretty paintings! I don't think I had ever seen her shop!

 
On March 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM , Gerda's Garden said...

it's me, Gerda (using my google account) thank you all for your kind words. God has truly blessed my day.

 
On March 6, 2013 at 7:57 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Hello Gerda! Your paintings are so pretty. :)

 
On March 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM , Cynthia said...

Hello Gerda!
Beautiful artwork! You are talented! Your watercolors are so vivid and pretty!

 
On March 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

I have admired Gerda's artwork. Very beautiful.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On March 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Lovely to meet you, Gerda. Beautiful paintings!

 
On March 7, 2013 at 8:40 AM , Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful shop and artwork, perfect for spring! And the verse you've chosen to share is one of my favorites. :)

 
On March 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM , Unknown said...

It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information about Street teams. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same