by Karen W from Ellie Marie Designs

 Our Wednesday Featured Artist this week is Gina from Fibershopofhope & soapandcraftsbygina.
 








Introduction

I am married and a stay-at-home, homeschool Mom.  I enjoy watching old shows and birdwatching.  I of course love crafting and would stay up all night if I could knitting or crocheting!

How did you get your start on Etsy?

I opened my first etsy shop a little over two years ago when my friend mentioned her etsy shop.  I had never heard of etsy, and thought I would give it a try.  That shop started with a passion for soapmaking.  I like glycerin, shea butter and vegetable soap.  Then I got started with crocheting more, felting, knitting & few other interests, and thought I should open a 2nd etsy shop for my yarn and felt items.  My first shop has now become one where I still list soaps now and then, and my daughter has started doing some of her own crafting and I've listed some of hers!  Since the loss of my Grandmother due to cancer, I began having a passion for being an encouragement to others going through that as well.  When my Grandma was in a nursing home I gave her a felted cross and she loved it.  I enjoy donating hats to "Crochet for Cancer".  I'm working on a prayer shawl and a scarf right now, and adding some other things to my fibershopofhope.

How did you choose your shop names?

 I picked "Soapandcraftsbygina" because of the various kinds of crafts I enjoying doing, and not just one.  For my "Fibershopofhope" it came from all of the felt and yarn I love to use.  Another factor in that name was Proverbs 31:13:  "She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands".  The Proverbs 31 woman has been kind of an inspiration to me from my beginning days with etsy :)


 
What does a typical day look like for you?

 My weekdays include a lot of homeschooling, and as much knitting as possible, or whatever craft I might be working on at that time.  I sometimes have a hard time prioritizing when it comes to cooking and cleaning since there's so many other things I'd rather be doing :)


If you could be anywhere in the world for one day where would it be?

I would for sure choose Israel if safety wasn't an issue.  I would love to walk where Jesus walked!

What is your favorite Bible verse?

Habakkuk 3:19 Amp.  "The Lord God is my strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army.  He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!"  I struggle with anxiety sometimes, and this verse really helps.


What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature?

My Colorful Felted Wool Coasters would probably be my favorite right now.  I use some of my own, and they work really well at holding in the the moisture, add a unique style to a room and wool is very environmentally friendly!


Where else can you be found on the internet?

 www.facebook.com/fibershopofhope
  www.pinterest.com/ginabelt
 ginasfibershopofhope.blogspot.com

Thank you so much Gina for sharing with us! Gina is offering her "Faith, Hope & Love painted rocks" - similar to the ones pictured below -  for a give away item.  Look through her shops and tell what your favorite item is to be entered in the give away.


Comments (7)

On January 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM , sammysgrammy said...

from Gina's fiber shop, my favorite is coaster set and from the soap shop, my favorite is the set of felted rocks.

Gina - we have a BLOG BLITZ on Wednesdays - You'll find it under "discussions". Leave the link to your blog there. The other bloggers will visit your blog.

 
On January 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM , Becky K. said...

I love those coasters too. The colors and texture are cool.

 
On January 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

I love those coasters also. The white felted cross and the felted rocks.

Although all of your items are unique.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On January 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM , Handiworkin' Girls said...

Hmm, favorite item? I think the felted crosses and the organic washcloths. Either would make a thoughtful gift for a friend in need of prayer - or just a sweet surprise.

Blessings on your shops, Gina!

~Handiworkin' Girls

 
On January 31, 2013 at 6:49 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

Great seller!
I love those felted rocks, they'd be useful for holding patterns flat while I am cutting out!

 
On January 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Great to find out about you and your shops, Gina.

 
On February 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM , krafterskorner said...

I like birdwatching too and enjoy the challenge of trying to capture them through my camera lens. :)