by Yolanda of SilverCloudDelights

Glorify Him 8x10 Scripture Bible Verse Acrylic Painting Art Print

"Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness" (Psalm 29:2 KJV).

It’s so important to have a heart of worship, and it takes action to get into that worship mode. One of my prayers this past year was “Lord, give me that heart of worship.” It’s so easy to go to church and sit receiving, but is that enough? I decided that it wasn’t. After all, scripture does say that "…It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35 KJV). When I made the conscious decision to give myself more to worship, I found that I received more from the service. Not only was I there to receive a blessing, but I did my part to add to the service.

I’m not going to say that it was easy, and I’m not going to say that there aren’t days when I go to church and just sit there absorbing. Sometimes it does take effort, and it did feel odd at first, but when I thought of the goodness of the Lord, I knew that if I worshiped Him the length of my days I never could repay Him for all He’s done for me. That is the basis of my worship. So now I take the life He gave and live it back in love; with gratitude, just calling it my reasonable service; the least that I can do.

How I worship may differ entirely from the next person, but that doesn’t make either of our worship modes the “right way” or better than the other’s. What matters is that the worship comes from the heart – a heart filled with love and gratitude to the Lord our God. Let it be about Him and you can’t go wrong.

Happy Moments - Praise God Quote Vinyl Wall Art Decal


Woman in Worship


Born to Worship Guitar Red and Navy Christian Tshirt 12M Upcycled

by Yolanda of SilverCloudDelights

Thanks so much to Yolanda for being a Guest Blogger today.  We love Guest Bloggers.

Comments (7)

On January 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM , Crafty Mommas said...

lovely post, thanks for the reminder to participate

 
On January 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM , Becky K. said...

This is great. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on worship.

 
On January 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM , Donna (Twinmountainpottery) said...

Thank you for sharing. It is so important to remember to participate not just let it all soak in.

 
On January 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

A WONDERFUL post!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On January 28, 2013 at 3:36 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

Great message thanks Yolanda

 
On January 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks so much, Yolanda!

 
On February 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM , krafterskorner said...

Amen!