Do you have a voice in your head that tells you how horrible you are? That you are worthless? A piece of trash? And you can never put your finger on why you feel that way?
Whether you suffer from depression, or your personality is a melancholy, or you are just plain human – we all have that voice invade our thoughts.
The voice has a name. It is Satan. And he is the “father of all lies” (John 8:44).
So what? We all have bad days right? Sure. How do you cope with the voice that won’t shut up? Do you scour your house from top to bottom? Paint your nails? Go have your hair styled at a salon? Do you go shopping? Do you pull out the tub of icecream? Or do you put in an hour exercise video and exercise with it twice in a row?
All those things will make you feel better – momentarily. I know, I’ve tried all of them.
So what do I do? I am by no means perfect, but I here is what I have been learning:
 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Romans 4:8
How do I do that when Satan keeps interrupting? I know God says I’m His special creation, created for the good things He designed for me to do....but I inevitably run out of ammunition when fighting the enemy. That’s never good.
So I decided to find some new ammunition. Here are your bullets. Load your weapon.
The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
God, your God, chose you out of all the people on Earth for himself as a cherished, personal treasure. Deuteronomy 7:6
You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:3
Now what?
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9
What are verses that encourage and strengthen you?
From the Heart,
Emily 

Comments (11)

On September 10, 2012 at 8:06 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Wonderful verses, Emily. Thanks so much. I especially like the one from Zephaniah.

 
On September 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Donna said...

"When I am afraid, O LORD Almighty, I put my trust in You. I trust in God and am not afraid; I praise Him for what He has promised." Psalm 56:3-4

 
On September 10, 2012 at 8:16 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

Great post Emily, thank you.
I think this should be the CASTteam motto:

CAST all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you

1 Peter 5:7

 
On September 10, 2012 at 8:25 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Well said Emily.

 
On September 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

How can I choose just one verse? ALL OF THEM!!

Thank you, Emily.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On September 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM , Michelle said...

Enjoyed your scripturs and thoughts Emily!!
Thanks so much! :-)

~Ornate Treasures

 
On September 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM , Cynthia said...

All of the Scriptures are beautiful and uplifting! Any negative thoughts about who we are and who created us, come from Satan. Let us rejoice that our Father has given His Only Son to us and forgiven us! His love covers all! We must continue to be everything our Father wants us to be and ready to run the good race. Thank you, Emily!

 
On September 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM , Z said...

Zephaniah 3: 17 is one I read often. I also read John 15: 16. Just to remind me that God chose me. I didn't choose Him, but He chose me, with all my idiosyncrisies and issues, God chose me.

 
On September 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Rafael y Nelly said...

Beautiful words from our heavenly Daddy. Working on it... :)

 
On September 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM , Cherished.Wife said...

Thank you all for sharing your favorite verses too! We all need to keep reloading, don't we?

 
On September 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM , Laura Rhodes said...

Amen and Amen! Heb. 4:16 The word is quick and powerful....Put on your Armour, the devil didn't like that post! Ephesians....Hugs and love, Keep running the good race in His strength! Laura Rhodes