My name is Felicia Cannon. Felicia wasn't a common name when I was a child, but you see I was the 14th child to my Mom and Dad. They were very happy I was their last (coincidentally my name is Latin for happiness) go figure! I made it into this world just in time, my Mother was 46 my Dad 50.
 
A friend who is a web designer said she would create a web site for me, if I narrowed down what I chose to create. Ha, no website, because I never could limit myself. So that's where Etsy comes in...I create furniture and furnishings out of re-purposed wood, especially Architectural wood when houses are torn down or renovated. My husband used to say,"why are you saving that junk?" now he is one of my primary sources. I am more excited when he picks the trash, on his way home from work, than if he bought me flowers or diamonds!
 
My niece, who is very hip and happening, lives and works in N.Y.C. said Etsy was the place to be! So in my free time whilst juggling the schedules of 5 children and husband, a job as a substitute teacher at an school for Autism, a leader in a worldwide Bible study (B.S.F. International, Google it if you never heard of it.This study on the Bible is literally the best thing I have ever done!). I finally started my diverse collection on Etsy as...FMC(my initials)furnishings(because everything I make falls sort of in this category).


Summer Surf Jump

Ok, I am not sure what a typical day would be? I have never had one! Our days always start early, getting children out the door to school (uniforms on, breakfast, homework and lunches in book bag, do hair, out the door). I am called to substitute 3 days a week, and I never know what school in the district I am going to end up in. (not always a positive thing for a CONTROL FREAK), or I go to Bible Study Fellowship as a group leader (my sanity time I call it,developing my relationship with my God. He is sooooo amazing!!!).
 


Two Door Wardrobe Painted White for 18' Doll

God lets me know when he wants me to change my schedule, and he is All Powerful. He doesn't have to beg, or give me puppy dog eyes! One beautiful spring morning I was driving a back road to the grocery store. It wasn't unusual to see a woman walking on the side of the road talking on the phone. I passed her and a clear voice in my head said,"Turn around and pick her up." What!!!! Sure I will. I drove another mile before I gave in to the wishes of the nagging voice. I drove back, asked her if she needed a ride. I could see her face was swollen and she was crying. She was thrown out and abused by her husband that morning. I drove her to social services. She asked me why I came back?...God loves all of us so much!!! That's part of the reason why I don't really have a favorite Bible verse.
 
God inspired the entire Bible. I can't believe that he would stoop sooo low to use even me. Every word of the Bible I study, brings me closer to him!!!
 


Handpainted Angel With Star


Where in the world can God use me??? That's where I desire to be. Right now being in Southern Delaware, being a Christian woman, wife and mother is where I am supposed to be! Where I want to be!
 

18' Doll Wardrobe



I am Felicia Cannon's custom furnishings on Facebook, but I don't update that site very much. I am sort of busy. In my free time, I create stuff with my cool tools!




Comments (7)

On August 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM , Mary Lamoray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On August 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Katie Carson said...

How very very lovely! 14 kids! Wow, so awesome! Coming from a family of 9, I know the joys and trials involved with a big family! Bless you being a Christian wife and mom, where you are supposed to be! :)

 
On August 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

You are an inspiration! What beautiful items in your shop.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On August 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

Lovely to meet you, and you are the second Felicia I know although I know heaps of Felicitys!

Your Dolly furniture is amazing, I have given my doll cot to my daughter but I think i will have to take it back now she is eleven, I could never bear to part with it.

 
On August 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM , BonJeanCreations said...

Thanks Felicia for sharing your life. You have some wonderful creations! Blessings:)

 
On August 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Mechelle said...

What a great feature. Thanks for sharing this shop with us!

 
On August 24, 2012 at 2:33 AM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Love your work Felicia, it was great reading about you. :)