The Spirit soothes, strokes the frayed edges: Love is patient.
The inspired Words says that the foundation of love is first this: patience.

Love is only patient if it’s first grateful for what is.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/88982197/bookmark-religious-love-is-patient-love?




http://www.etsy.com/listing/102708552/soy-candle-12-ounce-puppy-love-pawprints?



When I am not patient? My failure to love is first a failure to be grateful for who people are right now.



And my impatience is a result of my unthankfulness  I’m impatient for the children to be someone different, for the cashier to hurry up, for this to get done right now.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/85277082/loved-baby-bodysuit

Patient people dare to gratefully accept people where they are. Grateful for who they are now, appreciative of works of art not yet finished, but still deeply loved.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/104247363/aceo-original-pencil-drawing-love?

Patient people dare to receive the present always as a present — grace.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/101633007/life-long-lovegiraffetanbrownsafari?

Patient people dare to live only in the present. Because they know that is where God is.
love is patient first. Because it first is grateful for what is.
Sue Anderson

Comments (11)

On July 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM , Becky K. said...

Many cute finds here, Sue. Thanks for including my Puppy love candle. Love and patience.
So important.

 
On July 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM , Cynthia said...

Oh, the power of love! Our Savior has gifted us with big, beautiful and forgiving hearts. All we have to do is seek Him as our source of love and He will fill and refill our hearts with wondrous love. Amen! Thank you, for featuring my bookmark. Many blessings!

 
On July 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Kim said...

beautifully done . .the words, the post and the shop items that fit so perfect. But the reminder you left us with is the best. Thank you for that :)

 
On July 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM , KarenW said...

Beautiful words! I love Ann Voskamp

 
On July 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM , Kelly Bermudez said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you!!

 
On July 27, 2012 at 4:45 AM , Niki Jackson said...

That is beautiful Sue! Thank you so much for including me. Blessings Niki x

 
On July 27, 2012 at 7:17 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Lovely and very true post. Thanks for writing it Sue.

 
On July 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM , Loretta said...

Great finds and a lovely reminder

 
On July 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM , Aloquin said...

This is a sincere, poignant, and NECESSARY blog post. I am glad we all took time out of our day to read it :)

 
On July 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM , Anonymous said...

Gratefulness, patience, love, can be hard to practice in life yet my Heavenly Father shows me those things everyday in spite of my many imperfections. Lord help me to show your love to those you have placed in my life.

 
On July 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks so much, Sue. Beautiful message and beautiful items.