One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

Above taken from http://www.aholyexperience.com/

A dare to live fully right where we are!  To me this means to accept our daily blessings.  Being grateful for what we have right now.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/79296136/count-your-blessings-primitive-country




Are you envious or jealous of what others might have more than you have? Does it take over your life?


http://www.etsy.com/listing/99112784/ezekiel-3426-showers-of-blessing-8x10




For example - My own daughter, Jenifer, does not want to watch HGTV anymore because she gets angry(envious/jealous) because our house is so small and we don't have the money to fix it up to standards that she would like.


I am not going to say that I would not like a larger house, a nicer yard, upstairs laundry, money to have someone come in a redo our kitchen but I am happy "where I am now".  


http://www.etsy.com/listing/56539419/give-thanks-for-every-blessing




I am blessed to be able to wake up every morning and share the Lord with others, people I love and respect.  I am blessed to have my wonderful grandsons living here with me so I get to see them every day.  I am blessed to have my beloved daughter living here also and blessed with how much she helps me. 


http://www.etsy.com/listing/83509302/cuff-blessings




I could continue the list but how about you?  How are you blessed?


http://www.etsy.com/listing/83509302/cuff-blessings



Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving grateful praise.

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
    Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God. 
    It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name. 
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; 
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.


Sue Anderson

Comments (7)

On June 24, 2012 at 1:23 AM , Loretta said...

Thank you Sue! It is so easy to get consumed with what we don't have and forget to thank God for all of His many blessings. Thanks so much for the reminder!

 
On June 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM , Kim said...

SUE!!!! This was beautifully done and exactly what I needed to be reminded of today:) After losing my job I couldn't think of many things I was thankful for . . .it seemed that everyone else had such wonderful "things" and I had nothing. Through these months I have come to realize how thankful I am am for everything!! I am blessed to have amazing and supportive friends, to have the opportunity to try new things, family who loves and encourages me and I could go on and on . . . It's amazing how differently I look at life now. I still may not be where I think I should be but I am truly blessed beyond measure!

 
On June 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM , Kathleen said...

Beautiful, Sue. What a wonderful quiet nudge - thank you!

 
On June 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM , pfd said...

Sue, this was a blessing! And yes I am incredibly blessed!

 
On June 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM , ifrog crafter said...

Wonderfully put Sue! I always say about counting my blessings that i can't count that high. =)

Thank you so much for including my sign in this wonderful blog!
<><

 
On June 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM , Sheila said...

I try to count my blessings frequently, but we all need reminders now and then. Thank you Sue.

 
On June 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM , Luella Newkirk said...

When I count my blessings, they are always the people God has put in my life. Magnificent creatures, each one unique, each with our own struggles and problems and needing the same Lord who loves us and gave Himself for us.