Brought to you by Julie from Collar Topia and Sew Twisted in Stitches
I hope this Friday Finds everyone enjoying the Son and the sun!  I have chosen to share a devotional from Chuck Swindoll's "Insight For Today." (http://www.insight.org/library/insight-for-today/forgive-them.html).    
"Forgive Them"
"Father, forgive them for they don't know what they're doing." Jesus managed to utter those penetrating words through bleeding, cracked lips, swollen from the noonday sun. Impaled on that cruel, Roman cross, He interceded on behalf of His enemies. What a magnificent model of forgiveness!

He paid the penalty in full for the sins of the world, the just for the unjust. As a result of His sacrificial death, reconciliation was made between man and God. He's our model for correctly resolving disputes. Ultimately, it's a matter of forgiveness.

"Father, forgive them . . ." What a way to live!

Before going on, you may have some honest reflecting to do. I invite you to revisit your own unhealed wounded past. It may date back many years, it may bring to mind the face of a parent, child, friend, former mate, fellow employee, boss, coach, pastor, or sibling. They've wounded you. The pain has lingered all these years. You can't even hear their name or see a photograph without all the anger and mistrust flooding your soul like a river overtaking its banks.

My friend, it's time to move on. Seek a solution. Get help from someone else, if you must. But get on with it. Whatever it takes to be free, do that.

Right now, I invite you to stand all alone at the foot of the cross, look up to Him, and deliberately release it all. See Him hanging there, bleeding and dying, and embrace His forgiveness, for you and for your enemy. By forgiving, you're not condoning their sin. You're simply leaving that to God. That's His turf, not yours. That's grace. And you can offer it to others because you don't deserve it either.
Got a little homework to do? Get started on it before it gets too late and you lose your way home.

LG Guitar Pick Designs

Know God Through Art


Comments (7)

On May 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM , pfd said...

I love to listen to Chuck Swindoll... so I loved what you shared. And especially loved your choices of items to go with it.
Thank you!

 
On May 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM , Unknown said...

Forgiveness is such an important subject. Thanks for sharing that. Made me think back to whether I had failed to forgive anyone.

 
On May 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

great message.

 
On May 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

You could not know how this post has effected me today. There is only one person in all of my 66 years that I truly need to forgive. This has been so hard for me. I pray to forgive them to free myself.
Thank you - since this is a harsh reminder for me.
♥♥♥
Sue

 
On May 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM , Jo B said...

Thank you for sharing this...this message is something we need remember on a daily basis...along with His grace.

 
On May 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM , Aloquin said...

A beautiful post and a pivotal subject. This one takes deep, heart-rendering honesty. I was just talking with my 16 year old son about this last week. Thank you for sharing.

 
On May 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Chuck Swindoll is one of my favorites. Pivotal stand for believers. "..forgive us AS we forgive those who have sinned against us"