OurWednesday Featured Artist
by Sheila of SewFaithful

Introducing Sue Ellen Koons of 



Tell us a little about yourself:

I'm an amature artist and photographer living in rural Minnesota. The Lord and His creation are my inspiration. Our rural life is also important to me and these things are mostly what I portray in my digital art.
Vestiges of Faith, Abandoned Church 8x10 Print  Somewhere in Kansas, Windmill 8x10 Print

How did you get your start on Etsy?
Someone suggested Etsy and I found out how easy it is to set up a shop.

Colorful Carousel Horse Print
Colorful Carousel

How did you choose your shop name?
Elm Creek runs near our place in the country.

What does a typical day look like for you?
Working full time at a bank, I have a few hours a week to work on my art. It keeps me sane and inspired.



If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
 Jerusalem, for sure.


Cheetah Print - 8x10 Print
Cheetah Print


What is your favorite Bible verse? 

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusts in thee."

URLs to where  we can find you on the internet :
www.flickr.com/photos/elmcreekcountry
http://www.etsy.com/people/ElmCreekCountry 




Thank you Sue Ellen for sharing a little about yourself. Your talent as a photographer is truly inspiring!


Let's show our team support for Sue Ellen by promoting her shop in your favorite way-Facebook, Pinterest, Blog....


The winner of last week's giveaway by Susan Templeton of Elephant Tales is:


Kelly Bermudez 





Comments (10)

On March 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Julia Badgley said...

Thanks for sharing about yourself, Sue Ellen!

 
On March 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM , Kelly Bermudez said...

Such beautiful work! I love the church pic!

 
On March 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM , Aloquin said...

Great feature! I love getting to meet and read about new artists. That cheetah is so interesting! Was that Photoshop?

 
On March 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM , Aloquin said...

Great feature! I love getting to meet and read about new artists. That cheetah is so interesting! Was that Photoshop?

 
On March 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM , Mulberry Lane Folk Art said...

Love your work Sue Ellen! Posted on facebook and Favorited a couple items that will show up on my blogpost!...http://mulberrylanefolkart.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-of-my-favorites-at-etsy-com.html

 
On March 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Sue Ellen - your prints are amazing. I don't even think I could pick a favorite - they are all wonderful.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On March 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

Lovely to find out more about Sue Ellen.

I have read some books about Elm Creek Quilts, so I am imagining your Elm Creek might be similar...?

 
On March 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM , pfd said...

I love your shop! From a fellow Minnesotan (near Duluth)

 
On March 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM , krafterskorner said...

Wow, beautiful art!

 
On March 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM , SHEILA said...

Yes, such an array of subjects in your photography. So talented!