~~~Please, read through the post and get to know Linsey Gjerstad. Also, visit her shop, favorite some of her items and share her shop with others to show your support for Linsey as one of our team members.~~~

Meet Linsey of Eli's Blankies

-Introduction on you: HI!! My name is Linsey, I have been married to my best friend for 8 years, and we have 2 amazing daughters, Ellianna and Iwalani. We live in Livermore, CA, and moved here last year from Pearl City, HI.  I started sewing in 2003 after I moved 2000 miles to run off with my husband. He was in the Navy so he deployed frequently and I was bored out of my mind and needed something to do. I taught myself how to sew while learning how to be a housewife... so boring (housewife, not sewing).That only lasted about 8 months, then I finally went and got a job. I dabbled in sewing off and on until Ellianna was born in 2007. I couldn't bring myself to spend all that money in the store for the trendy little blankets, so I decided to make my own. I had the sewing machine, and relatively knew what I was doing. I made my first blanket for Elli when she was about 6 months old, then  I just kept sewing. My friends kept getting pregnant, so I kept sewing!
  
Eric, Iwalani, Me, Ellianna

-How did you get your start on Etsy? I was introduced to Etsy the same day I opened my shop March 2010. A friend talked me into selling my blankets after about a year of harassment, and after I told my sister, she told me all about Etsy. I signed up that day and opened my shop.


-How did you choose your shop name? My favorite cheerleader named my shop. It's Ellianna Linsey Iwalani (ELI) and since my main products are blankets, it just worked. 


-What does a typical day look like for you? 7 am wake-up call from my 4 year old wanting to watch tv. I start breakfast, make a latte, and play. Once every couple weeks I have "mommy days" where I sew from morning til I decide to stop. Otherwise I just fit sewing into naptimes and after bed. 

-If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be? Home for Christmas. Christmas has always been the favorite holiday in my family, and because of living in Hawaii, I haven't been there for about 5 years. Since, my mom has fought cancer and survived, gotten divorced, and moved a few times. I am so excited for the time that God allows me to be home with my mom, brothers and sisters, so we can share the day. 

-What is your favorite Bible verse?  My all time favorite is     By the Grace of God I am what I am and his grace to me was not without effect   1 Corinthians 15:10

I have to add 1 more, these verses always just make me stop and think.

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. John 1:1-5 
 ( If you replace word with Jesus, it takes on a whole new meaning, and gives an interesting understanding... and him is in reference to Jesus)

-What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature? I LOVE my mini blankies. It's the one thing I keep a huge supply of, and I love to make them. They are always cute and cuddly, plus my kids love them! both of my daughters have dragged theirs along everywhere... 


-URLs to where else we can find you on the internet :
 www.twitter.com/ELIsBlankies

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The winner for last week's giveaway is - Niki Jackson who commented "Welcome Samantha, your work is stunning. I love the pink rose filigree ring so pretty. Blessings Niki x!"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  
Congratulations Niki of Vintage Niki, I will be contacting you soon

by Zuda Gay Pease of ZudaGay's Etsy Shop

Comments (18)

On March 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Julia Badgley said...

Good work, Zuda!
Your little ones are so sweet, Linsey!

 
On March 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM , Tricia said...

Love your shop! I just wish there was a little one around to buy for.

 
On March 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM , MarveLes Art Studios said...

Enjoyed this interview very much. Cute Blankets. Cuter kids. Sweet scriptures; especially enjoyed hearing how it was thought about! Soli Deo Gloria!

 
On March 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM , KarenW said...

Cute shop! Maybe someday I'll have some grandkids to buy for. :D

 
On March 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM , LittleElf said...

HI Linsey, so great to meet you! You have such a sweet shop, I love all of your blankets. My favorite is the glow in the dark space one, so awesome! http://www.etsy.com/listing/49979534/glow-in-the-dark-space-and-star-baby

Hugs,
Elfie

 
On March 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Hi Linsey!

I love your blankets and burp cloths. Here is one of my favorites.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91005736/vintage-chenille-mini-blanket

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On March 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM , Cynthia said...

Your blankies are beautiful and cuddly! What gift the lord has given you! My favorite is the first one featured:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/87807674

Many blessings to you and yours!

 
On March 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM , Linsey Gjerstad said...

wow, thank you all so much!!! i am so honored to be able to share.
In Christ,
linsey

 
On March 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Your blankies are awesome and so are your babies.

 
On March 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM , Lorrie said...

Linsey, we are neighbors!! Well sort of, I live in Sacramento. Nice meeting you and seeing your adorable blankets (and family) :-)

 
On March 7, 2012 at 7:51 PM , Unknown said...

Great feature! I enjoyed meeting a new cast teammate. I like the facebook page.

 
On March 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM , Luella Newkirk said...

Very sweet post! Enjoyed so much hearing about Linsey and her shop and family.

 
On March 8, 2012 at 2:26 AM , JulieandMax said...

Nice interview Lindsey, and your blankets are lovely :)

 
On March 8, 2012 at 5:33 AM , Niki Jackson said...

Welcome Linsey so lovely to hear about your work. Your blankets look great!

Zuda, Thank you so much for announcing me winner of the giveaway, very surprised :) Blessings Niki x

 
On March 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Hello Linsey - your blankets are so colourful and full of beautiful fabrics!

 
On March 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM , Mechelle said...

Linsey your blankets are beautiful! Welcome to the group.

 
On March 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Great to meet you Linsey! Wonderful job on the feature Zuda Gay! Thanks so much.

 
On March 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM , Herban Lifestyle said...

Great article, Linsey! Congratulations on being featured!