Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.  2 Corinthians 5:17


As we start each new year, many of us will think of what we can do better this year, how we can start afresh with goals and challenges, some even consider it a 2nd chance to get something right.

All those years ago when that precious baby was born in a manager, that is the gift God gave to us.  A chance to accept that baby, Jesus, as our personal Saviour and become new -- a new person in Him. 

Happy Sonday and Happy New Year!
Melanie/Beads-N-Style

Comments (8)

On January 1, 2012 at 10:14 AM , krafterskorner said...

Amen! I am looking forward to all the great things God has in store for me this year!

 
On January 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM , Sheila said...

Thank you Melanie for the beautiful reminder of His gift to us.

 
On January 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM , sue anderson said...

I am humbled and grateful to be NEW in HIM.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On January 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM , Pillows4fun said...

A wonderful verse to start the new year off with. Thank you Lord Jesus for loving me, forgiving me, and saving me.

 
On January 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM , Tricia said...

Wonderful to be 'NEW' in Him every day!

 
On January 2, 2012 at 1:35 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

Thanks Melanie.
This is such a great word, I make my students copy it out each time I give them a new exercise book at the start of the year. I tell them - God gives you a new start with nothing hanging over from the past, he takes your sins away from you as far as the east is from the west (that's as far as possible!) Your life is a blank page

 
On January 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM , Bing ReMade said...

A great verse to start the new year with, thanks!

 
On January 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Thank you for this post. It is a good reminder that Jesus starts every thing we do fresh and a new.