by Melanie Arntsen of SqueakyBug Specialties

Introducing Darla Noble of DSquaredCrafts!
Introduction: I am a young housewife who loves crafting. Almost all the presents I give are hand made, whether it is sewing, crocheting, making jewelry, folding origami or a multitude of other things, I love crafting.
How did you get your start on Etsy: I was introduced to Etsy through a friend who uses it and I was initially an Etsy customer.
How did you choose your shop name: My shop name is a combination of my name, my love of math and science and my love of crafting.
What does a typical day look like for you: My typical day begins with making a nutritional breakfast and getting my child ready for and to school (this includes a Bible and prayer time). Then I do housework, spend time with God and if I am lucky, I have some time for crafting. Next I pick up my child and make dinner and spend time with my family.
If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be: If I could go anywhere for a day it would be to Japan. I have been there several times and I have a heart for the people. It is a country that has little knowledge of God. Less than one percent of the country is any Christian denomination. Japan is also where I found my interest in origami.
What is your favorite Bible verse: My favorite verse is Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." ESV  This verse reminds me that I am not saved by my own doing and gives me comfort and security.
What is your favorite Etsy item listing: My favorite Etsy listing to feature is my Origami Angel ornament.
Where else can we find you on the web: You can also find me at www.facebook.com/pages/My-Etsy-Shop-DSquaredCafts/154415647937296

...and the winner is... The winner of the giveaway from our last Featured Artist, Hannah from bananaorangeapple is... Unexpected Treasure CONGRATULATIONS! I have sent you both a convo to let you know.

Comments (11)

On January 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM , Crafty Mommas said...

very cool origami! thanks for letting us get to know you!

 
On January 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

Nice to meet someone else who also want to go to Japan!

 
On January 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM , Sue Runyon said...

I love your origami. My 10 year old has gone through phases of doing origami for years. He's amazing at it.

Great to meet you, Darla!

 
On January 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM , Donna (Twinmountainpottery) said...

Great post. I think origami is so unique.

 
On January 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM , sammysgrammy said...

It's so nice to mee you and your kitty, Darla. Gonna visit your shop and "pin" something.......

 
On January 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

So nice to meet you Darla!! Your kitty looks like a sweetie-pie. :)

 
On January 26, 2012 at 3:22 PM , Lorrie said...

Origami, what a neat way to improvise it into your craft! Nice "meeting" you Darla :-)

 
On January 26, 2012 at 7:53 PM , Suzanne said...

It's always nice to have a furry supervisor.

 
On January 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM , UnexpectedTreasure said...

Nice article. Wishing you continued success. Oh, and the cat is so cute!

 
On January 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Julia Badgley said...

Nice work, Darla! Sounds like you've got a good schedule going.

 
On January 29, 2012 at 3:24 AM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

I love seeing origami creations - those ornaments, especially, are very cute.