by Sheila of SewFaithful

Julia is generously giving away a $15 credit to her shop, plus free shipping on those items. Leave a comment on this blog post to be entered :) I can tell you from personal experience her work is very professional and lovely!

Julia, How did you get started on Etsy?
In July of 2010, I opened my etsy shop. I had heard of etsy through my sister in law, as well as through another friend, and had once purchased something for a gift. In fact, I think part of the reason I picked 'Jeweleighab' instead of just 'Jeweleigha' was because 'Jeweleigha' was taken already... and it may have been taken by me when I had ordered something earlier! Jeweleigha is just a different way of spelling my first name.
What my typical day looks like:
I wake up around the time that my two boys wake up. This is usually between 8am and 8:45. Then I get both boys changed and fed. I have to admit that breakfast is spent in front of the computer so I can get caught up on email, Etsy,and of course, the CAST team discussion thread!  The boys and I try to head somewhere each day - whether it's getting groceries, going to play at drop-in gymnastics, or visiting friends. After lunch is nap time, and I take time for my own personal time with my Bible as soon as both boys are in bed. I'm reading through the gospel of Mark now. Then I check Etsy, play with paper, and sometimes nap myself. Hubby comes home at 5:30 and we spend our evening together. After the boys are in bed, I often craft a bit. My preference is to work on my cards at my craft desk downstairs when hubby is also in the basement, so I can have someone to chat to.


If I could be anywhere in the world...
3 Vintage-type 'Thinking of You' Cards Black White
Thinking of You Cards
    


This is a tough one. I studied quite a bit of Greek and Roman mythology in university, and was very intrigued by visiting Greece or Italy. My dad was born in Italy, so it has a more personal interest to me as well. 

My favourite Bible verse...
is Isaiah 53:5: He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
I love how it states the gospel so simply. I struggled with doubts about my Christianity for years, and this verse was a help to me. It shows what Christ has done for my healing. What a great verse!
My favourite etsy item to list...
is usually my most recent item.


20 assorted Mini-Cards - Various Colours
Assorted Mini Cards



Don't you just love these beautiful pictures of Julia and her family? Except I'm a little worried about the empty stroller and no babies in this picture.
Also, I like the way she spells "favourite" cause that's how Canadians spell it eh!
Thanks Julia for sharing your lovely creations with us.

Comments (12)

On December 28, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Sheila said...

Julia is a lovely woman inside and out. Her creations are top notch, and I hope I win :)
Winner will be chosen by random.org next week.

 
On December 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Tricia said...

Shiela you just made me laugh really loud here. lol Julia's shop is wonderful! Be blessed, and I hope you win also, Shiela!

 
On December 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Great feature, I loved learning a bit more about Julia! Julia is so cute and does wonderful work!

 
On December 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Rita said...

Julia/Jewleigha........it's so fun getting to know you.....

 
On December 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

Lovely to find out more about the gorgeous Julia.
Since I am an Aussie I feel like she must be a long lost cousin (all Canadians are really...)

 
On December 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM , The REAL EverSewSweet said...

Sheila isn't going to win. I am. LOL I have to say that Julia is one of the first CASTers to make me feel REALLY welcome and part of the team. That's not to say others haven't made me feel welcome, just that Julia is the one that stands out as first. =) Blessed to know her.

 
On December 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM , krafterskorner said...

I absolutely love Julia's cards! I hope I win!

 
On December 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM , sue anderson said...

Julia's family is so cute. I love her creativity and ability to put colors together.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On December 29, 2011 at 12:27 AM , Lizzi said...

Her flower embellishment are awesome (and so is she.) I enjoyed this feature a lot.

 
On December 29, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Lorrie said...

I love getting to know my fellow CAST team members better! Great pics of Julia and her lovely family too. P.S. I'm winning :-)

 
On December 31, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Julia Badgley said...

Thanks so much for featuring me and for the comments from my sweet CAST friends!

 
On January 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM , LeeAnn said...

Julia won from my shop a few weeks back and was so sweet to work with. I love her flower embellishments and they would look awesome in the scrapbook I'm creating for my daughter!