feature written by Elisabeth Walsh of AronaDesigns

Let's all give a warm welcome to Doris Ellen Lloyd of deldreamart and sewfunbags!

Doris, tell us a little about yourself!
I got started on etsy because my daughter found the website and told me about it. She felt it would be a great place on the web for me to sell my art work.

How did you choose your shop name(s) I choice deldreamart because first of all DEL is my initials. Then the dreamart sums what I love-to draw and paint. I think of my work as having a dreamy nature or feeling to it. Not everything I do fits that theme but it is what I love.
  The bag shop came along much later has a result of how much I love to sew. I started out by opening up sewfunbags on this newsite www.Shophandmade.com  .But after several months I was disappointed with the site, as it had nothing visual happening, so I canceled that shop and moved sewfunbags to Etsy where there was more action. My painted bags are the best part of this shop, they are unique in that I haven't seen anyone with bags like them.
 What is your daily routine? I try to go on my shops twice a day and renew or upload an item and chat with people on the groups that I am involved in.These groups are CAST, FAETEAM, Trade-a-holics, Trade A barter market, and doodlers. Everyday I am either drawing, painting or sewing something. I always have-at least-three projects in progress, anything from a very involved painting, watercolor cards to tote bags .
I am currently working on two painted bags a horse and owl, a fantasy scene painting and concept sketches for my next painting (tree Town).
What would be your favorite item to feature? My favorite piece is my painting ( Rose meets Thorn) . This painting is about the fall, rose is good, thorn is evil the two meet and that is what life is like for us all. Life is a mixture of good and bad, stories are made up of good and bad, there is actually beauty in the contrast of things, that creates art. This creates the stories that make up life, but you can read what you want in the artwork and just enjoy the beautiful details.

If you could go where for a day, where would you go? If I could be anywhere for a day it would be Italy so I could see all the great art of the Renasaise  including the sixteenth chapel. But on a simpler note I would be happy to be in the country painting and sketching for a day.
What is your favorite bible verse? Matthew 6-34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble." I try to not let anything worry me but to embrace and enjoy each day,

Where can we find you online?
website (( www.dorisdreamart.com ))) there are links on my website to other sites that my art is in also,
which are:
artistportfolio.net
theartsource
upstreamPeoplesGallery
www.dorisdreamart.com
 www.DELdreamart.etsy.com.....

Thank you so much for agreeing to be featured Doris. Everyone please make your way over to her shop(s) and check it out!

And the winner of last week's giveaway with Bamcraftymommas is TJ of TJLundinco! You will both be receiving an email soon!

Comments (11)

On October 12, 2011 at 11:33 AM , GingerPeachT said...

Oh wow!! I am so glad I checked this out for more than one reason.
I love that rose meets thorn painting. Very neat!
I also love that I actually won a giveaway! :-)

 
On October 12, 2011 at 11:39 AM , krafterskorner said...

I love the horse bag!

 
On October 12, 2011 at 12:40 PM , ShadowCutter said...

I'm on ShopHandmade too and yeah nothing happens there so far. It's free but that's about it.
I really like that Rose meets Thorn painting.

 
On October 12, 2011 at 4:56 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Wonderful artwork! So glad to meet you and see your shops.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On October 12, 2011 at 6:53 PM , ChocolateDogStudio said...

beautiful artwork!

 
On October 12, 2011 at 6:57 PM , LittleElf said...

Wow, beautiful work!! So great to meet you, you have such a lovely shop. ^_^

Hugs,
Elfie

 
On October 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Wonderful artwork. Great to meet you, Doris!

 
On October 12, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

So nice to meet you, Doris! Beautiful work! I love your dragons!

 
On October 12, 2011 at 11:30 PM , pfd said...

Very nice to meet you Doris. Your artwork is beautiful, I especially like your ink drawings!

 
On October 13, 2011 at 6:31 AM , Unknown said...

Great artwork! It was my daughter that told me about Etsy also.

 
On October 13, 2011 at 8:39 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

Fabulous art, great to meet you....