Here on the CAST Team Blog we are in need of a few volunteers to fill up our various teams. Most of the time commitments are small since we try very hard to share the duties. Many of the positions only require volunteers to post one post per month. We even welcome Guest Bloggers to submit one-time posts.
I'm so grateful to our volunteers. They do such a good job despite the fact that their only "payment" is all the special comments you leave for them and a few links back to their Etsy Shops. They are a wonderful team.
Sunday Scripture: 
Join the Sunday Scripture team who alternate weeks to post a scripture with some sort of photo(s). Adding your own devotion or commentary is optional.

Monday Devotional:
This is for those with a writing gift. We have volunteers for 4 weeks a month, but we need someone to fill in as an alternate once in a while and to do the post for the occasional 5th Monday in a month. Usually our alternate will have one draft waiting and ready to publish when needed.

Wednesday Featured Artist:
No special skills required except a little attention to detail and basic blogger know how. Our posts have a set format with questions that our featured artists answer and there is a calendar schedule to show which volunteer will write about which artist when. This is a very important part of what we do as a team to support each other.

Friday Finds:
I think this is a fun one. Our volunteers alternate weeks and pick a theme (or not) and several great CAST Team items to feature. Commentary is optional.

Saturday CAST Shop of the Week:
This is also quite fun. You get to pick which CAST Shop to feature and prepare a simple post using an Etsy mini widget, an item photo and a set format. I'm doing this on my own right now, but would love a helper.


Recipe of the Month:
We have two lovely ladies sharing this duty already, but they'd welcome some help since we only use uncopyrighted recipes--old family recipes, recipes that they've come up with themselves or adapted. Each month one of them prepares and photographs the recipe for our hungry blog followers to see. If you have special skills in this area we'd love the help.

Business Topics:
If you would like to write an occasional brief post about some Etsy business topic--take your pick--we'd love to have someone who would do this!

Guest Bloggers:
We welcome guest bloggers! Just contact me with your idea for a post and I'll guide you on how to proceed.

To volunteer or for more info contact Sue at SueRunyonDesigns

Squirrel Photo 5x7 Fine Art Print by LaurelPhotoandCraft

Comments (5)

On September 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Faith of StitchPrincess has volunteered to do Business Topics. Thanks Faith!

 
On September 15, 2011 at 1:41 PM , Nickolina Jacoby said...

My life is more than crazed right now...had to suspend Etsy until things calm down...but you are welcome to post anything off my blog http://humanhusbandhappywife.blogspot.com/ if it works for you. I don't post often in it, but my family insisted I start one. I might even be able to do the alternate devotional.

 
On September 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Karla Dornacher said...

I would be interested in volunteering for either the Sunday Scripture or the Monday Devotional. I have written and illustrated several Christian women's devotional style books some of which you can check out on my website as a reference... http://www.karladornacher.com/Pages/Books.html

I also weave in devotional style posts on my blog but try to keep them very short and mixed with my art or photos... http://karladornacher.typepad.com/karlas_korner/

My etsy shop is... http://www.etsy.com/shop/karladornacher

Let me know if you think I'd be a good fit for either of these two days.
God bless...
Karla

 
On September 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM , Jan said...

I would love to submit a devotion now and then. Maybe I could be
a sub for someone who is already on. The need for the fifth Monday post would work for me. Let me know.
Janet

 
On September 29, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks to all who have expressed an interest in volunteering. Leaving a comment here does not always lead me to any contact info for you. If you are still interested please contact me at sue@suerunyondesigns.com or convo me at SueRunyonDesigns on Etsy. Thanks!