Matthew 6:9-13

   9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
   “‘Our Father who art in heaven, 
hallowed be thy name, 
10 Thy kingdom come, 
thy will be done, 
   on earth as it is in heaven. 
11 Give us today our daily bread. 
12 And forgive us our debts, 
   as we forgive our debtors. 
13 And lead us not into temptation,
   but deliver us from  evil


For Thine is the Kingdom and the Power

and the Glory forever. Amen.




I can't even count how many times I have said this prayer.
Back when I was in school religion was still allowed so we did the Pledge of Allegiance(under God), we read a Psalm and then we said the Lord's Prayer.  
Going to meetings, the Lord's Prayer was said at the end.  It was said to give us tranquility and peace until the next time.  
Someone even suggested in a Bible Study that we change the word "Our" to "My" when we say it alone at home.


Jesus told us that this is how we pray to Our Father.


He is all we need.  


I think that there have been times when I have taken this prayer for granted.  In reading it over, it has become brand new to me once more.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/78946582/breadcloth-our-daily-bread-hand-stitched
Sue Anderson
mysavior.etsy.com

Comments (10)

On August 6, 2011 at 10:32 PM , krafterskorner said...

I start and end every day with the Lord's Prayer.

 
On August 6, 2011 at 11:50 PM , RyensMarketplace said...

Give us THIS day our DAILY bread...this part of the Lord's Prayer reminds me that I need to lean in Him EVERY day.

 
On August 7, 2011 at 8:20 AM , BonJeanCreations said...

Love the bread cloth!

 
On August 7, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Monika said...

MY father who is in Heaven...it does sound really good to me Sue♥
Monika

 
On August 7, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Always such a great verse!

 
On August 7, 2011 at 3:47 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

It really is a prayer of total trust and commitment and definitely not one to be spoken lightly. Beautiful bread cloth and lovely post!

 
On August 8, 2011 at 3:25 PM , sammysgrammy (aka Rita) said...

A good shot in the arm, Sue. Thank You

 
On August 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Julia Badgley said...

When I was in kindergarten, we would use this prayer at the start of the day. By grade one, they had removed it from our public school. It's sad.

 
On August 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM , the butlers pottery said...

I find it interesting how God puts things together and we don't even know. My devotion on Monday was also talked about God meet our daily needs. My devotion was written back in June.

 
On August 10, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Sheila said...

Yes, I remember saying this in school also. The perfect prayer!