James 2:14-17 (NIV)

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.



Do you know someone who reads Scripture, knows it by heart, but does not live it?  No-one is perfect in their walk with the Lord.  We all sometimes forget something or other.  When it does finally dawn on us -" ooops, I should have done this or that", we are forgiven by our most gracious Lord.  BUT the person who really KNOWS the Word but deliberately does not "do it".  What then?


I have been told that we are not guilty of a sin, if we truly do not know it is a sin - BUT - the second we find out that the Word says it is a sin, then we are a sinner.  I have to believe that unless I am an innocent child, I would know the difference between right and wrong.


We, as a team, are considered the Body of Christ, living the way the Lord wants us to.


How would you feel if you knew that person, who claims to know the Word, by heart, but does not do good???


Here are a few beautiful items by our beautiful (inside and out) team.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/64729606/wreath-white-pink-shabby-chic-handmade?


http://www.etsy.com/listing/76906213/perfectly-in-pink-fabric-flower-headband


http://www.etsy.com/listing/74492611/misty-the-white-kitty




http://www.etsy.com/listing/77620636/elephant-miniature-pink-stuffed-circus?


http://www.etsy.com/listing/72909683/25-ounce-three-wick-country-apple-soy?


Sue Anderson
mysavior.etsy.com

Comments (10)

On August 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM , Becky K. said...

What a lovely reminder to put our knowledge into action. Thanks for sharing my heart bowl candle too. I always want to be known as one who lives what I talk.

 
On August 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM , GingerPeachT said...

It is so hard to love the Word sometimes. I just had to live the Word half hour ago when my loud neighbor was talking to others right in front of me as I left my place. I sure wanted to talk back to her, but I clamped my mouth shut.

My father always told me, "the greater the light the greater the responsibility". The more of God's word we know, the more we are held accountable for. Scary sometimes, right? Lol

Thanks for this post!

 
On August 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Monika said...

For me it is a daily, hourly struggle to live and act "Christ like", as the WORD tells us to.
I am in a work in progress♥
Thank you for sharing Sue and thank you for the feature of my newest wreath.
Blessings, Monika

 
On August 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM , LittleElf said...

Love this scripture and such a great reminder to live God's Word. I am a work in progress as well, but I am so thrilled to know I always have God to rely on and even if I fall short, he is still there for me though I don't deserve it.

Thank you for this wonderful Scripture and for featuring my little kitty too. ^_^

Hugs,
Kelley the Little Elf

 
On August 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Sheila said...

Living as an example of what His word means is my ultimate goal everyday. You can quote scripture until the cows come home which is awesome, but living it as a shining example to everyone you meet is the most powerful testimony of all. I know I fall short many days, but God is always ready to let me try again the next day!

 
On August 21, 2011 at 2:02 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Sue, thank you for the reminder that we should be living what we know. I've always heard that people don't care what we know until they know that we care. And oh my goodness, we fail in this so often!

 
On August 21, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Tricia said...

Great post Sue!

 
On August 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM , Sue Runyon said...

It sure helps with my walk with the Lord to have this wonderful team for support!

 
On August 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM , Sue Runyon said...

And . . . these items are so neat!

 
On August 22, 2011 at 4:11 AM , Bananaorangeapple said...

I love James, thanks for this great Word.

Faith without works is DEAD.