My husband and I both have many generations of men who have served our country in military service, my brother currently serves in the Air Force. We have a great deal of respect for the men and women who serve for "God & Country" and are proud of the legacy of service in our families. I hope I never take for granted the many sacrifices made by these heroes and their families for the liberties I enjoy daily.




Equally, I hope I never take for granted the sacrifice Christ made on the cross to secure my spiritual freedom, the liberty I have to be a child of God. Unfortunately, I know there are times when I mistake the purpose of liberty granted to me and believe that it's all about me and my rights, what I can do or say, where I can go and what I can watch, me me me.




The Bible give us clear instructions on how we are to respond to our freedoms in Galatians 5:13 "For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." Many of those who serve our country, serve out of a deep sense of duty to others without even knowing Christ. How much more should those of us who are Christians be willing and ready to serve where ever God leads us to?




Father,

May we remember every day
what freedom really costs, may we remember to pray for those who serve in the light of duty whether it is in the military abroad or law enforcement in here at home. May we turn from our selfish ways, humble ourselves and pray like we have never prayed before, for this nation, for your will to be done, for your freedom and liberty to prevail. May we live out your mandate to love and serve one another daily, and by doing so change the world for your glory and honor.

In Jesus Name,
Amen
(by cherryscreations)


Comments (6)

On June 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Aloquin said...

An absolutely beautiful and thought-provoking post! Thank you very much :)

(Off to pray!)
-Aloquin

 
On June 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Sherri Ward said...

Very true, thanks for the exortation and encouragement!
Also, nice items!

 
On June 27, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Tricia said...

What a wonderful post!! I so enjoyed reading this....thank you!

 
On June 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM , Lizzi said...

Beautiful tribute to our men and women in uniform and of course most of all to our God :-)

 
On June 27, 2011 at 11:13 PM , Sue Anderson said...

Beautiful and poignant.

Thank you so much for this.

♥♥♥
Sue
mysavior.etsy.com

 
On June 28, 2011 at 5:58 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Great reminder