http://www.etsy.com/listing/52241847/dream-pendant-imaginative-polymer-clay


http://www.etsy.com/listing/51908069/clearance-was-1500-life-original



I am often amazed and astounded by the little life lessons God gives us in everyday life. As a mother of four who chauffeurs her children around quite often I have found that we have had some of these life lessons come on the way from here to there in the mini van.

One such moment occurred several years ago when my eldest daughter was about 6. It was one of those perfect days in late spring, the sun was shining and the temperature was just right to have the windows rolled down and be thoroughly enjoyable, which doesn't happen much here in Texas often. We were on our way to our Wednesday night church activities and my daughter had her offering in her hand, it was a dollar bill. She was holding it out the window and letting the wind whip it around. I suggested that she not do that in case the wind blew it from her hand and she lost the dollar since it was God's money. She said "we can just go to the bank and get more money if that happens." Trying to explain something to my young presumptuous daughter about finances, I replied "Sweetheart, the bank doesn't JUST give us money." and before I could explain any further she excitedly exclaimed "You're right mommy, they give us suckers too!"

I didn't know how to respond at that point, how to make the lesson clear to her, but as I thought about God began to impress upon me a lesson about His own nature. You see in my daughter's mind, if you had a bank account, you could go there and get not only what you needed, i.e. money, but you could also get something extra special too, a yummy sucker. In our lives, if we have a relationship with Christ, we can go to God not just for what we need, but for the extras too. 1 John 3:21-22 sums it up this way, " Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him." As members of God's family, as co-heirs with Christ, we can ask for the extras!!! God desires to bless us and as we are obedient to Him, we give Him the freedom to do so. God cares about what we care about and he longs to do so much more for us than we can even begin to dream or imagine.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:19

by: Cherry's Creations

Comments (6)

On February 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM , amylee weeks said...

I have had this same conversation with my girls. I love your devotion on this. Thank you!

 
On February 28, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Cherry, that's awesome. Really made me smile today!

 
On February 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you so much Cherry! I love this Scripture.

We can ask God for anything!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On February 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Wonderfull, Amen...
MOnika

 
On February 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Lizzi said...

Lol I use to think that when I grew up I could have checks aka limitless money :-) My mom quickly explained to me that this wasn't the case. Great thought for the day!

 
On March 1, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Judi said...

What a special story with your daughter. God does want us to have that special child-like faith!