Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Luke 12:6-7

 Sparrow's Nest Watercolor by beth stone studio



I'm embarrassed to admit that I can often forget about just how much God cares for me and for all of His people.  When life is going well, it's easy to get carried away with my own achievements and forget how God has provided those achievements, and when life is tough, it can be easy to wallow in my misery and forget to turn to God in prayer.

 Ascend Necklace by kateemarie

But these two short verses tell us in no uncertain terms just how much God cares for us.  In this little talk to his disciples, Jesus says that God does not forget about the seemingly small and insignificant sparrows and that we are worth much more than that to Him.  In fact, God knows each and every hair on our head - amazing!  In these verses and the ones following, Jesus also tells his disciples not to be afraid, no matter their situation.

Eye on the sparrow bodysuit by Tiny Vessel Apparel

I pray that these verses would encourage you, as they do me, to take heart whatever your situation in life and know how much God cares for you.  Every time you see a sparrow, may you be reminded not to fear, but to turn to God in trust, knowing that He cares for His children.


 Rose garden necklace by Precious Pastimes

Sparrow watercolor by Art by Sharon Yoder

Sparrow illustration by Calligraphic Artisan

Comments (10)

On February 25, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Beth Stone said...

A lovely post, and a good reminder. There are some lovely pieces here... Thank you very much for including my "Sparrow's Nest" print!

 
On February 25, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Forever Andrea said...

Great message and one that I need to be reminded of as well.

 
On February 25, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Christie Cottage said...

I love it that GOD loves us!

HE is the ever knowing, ever caring, the only GOD and I am proud to say I am a Christian!

Thank you for this post.

<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

 
On February 25, 2011 at 4:15 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Wonderful reminder and great items featured. Thanks so much!

 
On February 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM , Sherri Ward said...

I needed this reminder today, thanks for sharing it!

 
On February 25, 2011 at 7:59 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

I feel so good reading this. A reminder how awesome God is for all of us.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On February 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM , the butlers pottery said...

So true and thank you for the reminder.

 
On February 25, 2011 at 9:19 PM , SHEILA said...

I love these bible passages. And the sparrow themed items are lovely.

 
On February 26, 2011 at 2:40 AM , Lizzi said...

What a nice theme and great picks too!

 
On February 28, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Melanie said...

One of my favorite songs is "His Eye is on the Sparrow". Along with these verses it is such a great reminder of how very much our Lord cares for us! Thanks, Deb!