As I sat thinking today of what I should post, this scripture quickly came to mind.  At first I pushed it aside... I really was looking for something a bit more "Christmas-y".  The "Away in a Manger" type scriptures that actually focus on the story of Christ's birth were what I was thinking of including tonight.  But, no matter how much I pushed it back, it just came back up over and over again.

Then, it hit me.  How much more "Christmas-y" can you get than the fact that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son?"  Isn't that exactly what we celebrate at Christmas?

My prayer this year is that as we are in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, with schedules packed about as full as they can get, that we won't lose sight of this precious gift that was given to us on that long ago night in Bethlehem.  I pray that we would never take it for granted and that we would celebrate not only at Christmas, but all year long.

Happy Sunday!


Comments (5)

On December 5, 2010 at 9:41 AM , Christie Cottage said...

This is the perfect scripture for today.

As "gifts" are on everyone's mind, we all need to remember our "gift" of Christ our Savior. The most precious gift of all.

<><

 
On December 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Amen, Melanie. Thank you!

 
On December 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM , Unknown said...

I totally agree with you!! I pray people focus on Christ this year & the many blessing already bestowed upon us!

 
On December 5, 2010 at 12:43 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

The most awesome gift of all. Our Lord, Jesus Christ.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On December 5, 2010 at 4:07 PM , Tricia said...

God's gift to us is the greatest gift we can ever receive! Thank you God for our Savior Jesus Christ!