by Elisabeth Walsh of www.aronawalsh.etsy.com




Please welcome Diana Lambert as our featured artist today! 
Shop name(s) Beantree Designs
Diana is giving away any 5x7 photo in her shop. To win this photo visit her shop and comment on your favorite item here on this blog post!



-Introduction I am a mother  of two grown sons, grandmother to two granddaughters and one grandson. I live in a very rural area with my wonderful husband on land  that we absolutely love, that he inherited from his father. We have a few cows and chickens, and several dogs  on our “farm”. Part of our land is wooded and joins Jefferson National Forest. It’s a perfect place for someone like me who’s spirit is re-charged by walking in nature, listening, seeing, smelling and feeling creation.



-How did you get your start on Etsy?
I was making jewelry at the time, one of a kind statement pieces, and thinking of selling them. I started watching Etsy to see how it worked. I have always loved photography and  came upon my gourd art by accident, and finally decided to try Etsy.
-How did you choose your shop name?
Our neighbor has a gorgeous Bean Tree ( Catalpa or Catawba) in his front yard, and seeing it every day inspired me. 

-What does a typical day look like for you?
I work part time, so my days vary. I try to do Bible reading or devotional first thing, then take the day as it comes. My favorite days are my “create” days, when I can play in my workshop as long as I want. 
-If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be? I don't really know, there are a lot of places I'd like to see, (Italy, England,Ireland, Jerusalem, among others) but as corny as it sounds I'm really happy at home. If I could have all my family here at one time that would be a great day. 

-What is your favorite Bible verse?
Psalm 118:24
“This is the day the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.”
I have friends who seem to live their lives complaining, which is  something I don’t deal with well. We have so many things to be thankful for, even when our lives seem to be going wrong. I want to remember that always, and rejoice that I’m loved and saved. 

-What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature?
Probably the photo I took, of the sun rising over the hill behind our house, with the above scripture printed on it.  
-URLs to where else we can find you on the internet (Facebook fan page, Twitter, your own dot.com, your blog, etc)”
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/beantree




Thank you for chatting with us Diana! Everyone please sidle on over to Beantreedesigns and don't forget to leave a comment here on the CAST blog! 

Comments (11)

On December 21, 2010 at 11:28 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Oh I love Diana's work, have done for quite some time now! I especially love the mushroom photos. :)

 
On December 21, 2010 at 11:50 PM , rachelkerr said...

I really like the Golden Folds Mushroom! :)

 
On December 22, 2010 at 12:41 AM , sacra vim said...

It's so good to see Diana's face! I love the photography in her shop - my favorite is the one pictured above of the forest trail...it looks like it came right out of Middle Earth. :)

 
On December 22, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Debi said...

Hi Diane, I couldn't agree more about people complaing all the time instead of realizing how incredible life is! I've always loved your photos & original gourds. I like that you see the little wonders of nature too. I try to capture them but am not very good at it. You have a great eye! Very tough to choose 1 favorite in this shop. I love this photo, the tree is amazing http://www.etsy.com/listing/62467100/art-photo-the-tree-on-the-hill The Forest Road photo draws me to it. I want to walk there! I can feel the peace. http://www.etsy.com/listing/39609234/nature-photography-forest-road-and-green Nice to see your lovely face Diane. Merry Christmas & thank you for sharing your gift.

 
On December 22, 2010 at 8:01 AM , pfd said...

Hi Diana - I have been a big fan of yours since I joined this team... my favorite photo is the one of you above.. oh, that is not in the shop... I like it anyway. I love your gourds.

Arona - great job on the feature!

 
On December 22, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Christie Cottage said...

Beautiful featured items!

<><

 
On December 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM , watercolors said...

Nice meeting diana.
Looks like you have a piece of heaven there in your photos and I love your gourds.

Love your gourds, especially this one:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/37732218/gourd-art-vase-with-natural

Roxanne

 
On December 22, 2010 at 10:40 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Great to see your face, Diana! Love your items and thanks Elisabeth for writing up the feature. I love reading these!

 
On December 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM , Sherri Ward said...

Nice work, Diana, and cute new puppy!

 
On December 23, 2010 at 3:43 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Nice to see you Diana - lovely creations and pics!

 
On December 23, 2010 at 12:35 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

So nice to meet you Diana. How blessed you are to live on such beautiful property and to be able to photograph the wonders of the Lord. I love your photo of the path through the woods.

Merry Christmas!

♥♥♥
Sue