Praise Him!
by Anastasia Watson






Psalm 105: 1-3

1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

2 Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.

3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.



Religious Praise the Lord earrings Silver Metallic Dangles

from Princess E Marie's shop

Praise can open the flood gates of heaven! Praise is even more glorious when everything is going wrong and we don't FEEL like it. It can change our attitude and help us to focus on Him and not our circumstances.

I have been forcing myself to praise since my mom passed away because I knew it would keep me close to the Lord and that is what she wants me to do. Even when my son was going through a crisis a month after mom passed away and all seemed hopeless, I went to church and praised, and I praised at home with my Christian music on. When I lost my job two weeks ago, I still praised the Lord because I love Him. I don't love my circumstances, but I do love Him. When I praise, I keep my eyes on Him and not on worrying about things. I know He has a plan in all of these trials and I'm trusting Him to come through. He always does!

Dear Lord, help us to praise You even in the storms. That is when You do Your greatest works! Thank you for giving us your Holy Spirit to comfort us and to give us those holy goose bumps when we praise. I pray that we will keep our eyes on You in every circumstance. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Comments (7)

On June 6, 2010 at 10:55 AM , pfd said...

Matts (you'll always be Matts to me) - that is a wonderful post and so true. Once again the Lord is keeping us in sync, you'll see that when you read my post tomorrow. I think it just says that making the choice to praise and be thankful no matter what the circumstances is something He wants us to learn! Thank you for the example of your faithfulness. I continue to pray for you.

 
On June 6, 2010 at 11:20 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

Amen, Anastasia. You are always in my prayers, sweetie.

 
On June 6, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Unknown said...

Wonderful! I know that is when I feel the best. Thanks for the reminder....God 1st!

 
On June 6, 2010 at 2:36 PM , J Honda said...

yes - and it can be so hard..that is why it is the sacrifice of praise :o)
hang in there Matts♥

hebrews 13:15
by him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

 
On June 6, 2010 at 8:18 PM , Vicki said...

Great post, Anastasia. Praising is why I love Psalms so much and always find myself there pouring over the words of David when I am feeling lost, alone, defeated or grieving.

 
On June 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Thank you Matts for making the effort to encourage others in the midst of your own struggles and uncertainties.

:) Deb.

 
On June 7, 2010 at 4:12 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Thank you for that reminder to praise our wonderful Lord! In good times and in bad. I hope things get better for you soon.