by Cindy Knight of cksilver

Introducing: Karen Stewart
(aka chocolatedogstudio)
Karen Stewart - chocolatedogstudio

Karen is a very talented artists, with work ranging from purses, to paintings, to hats and scarves. You will notice her creativity immediately when you visit her shop. Please take a moment and visit Karen's shop, and give her some love!

Introduction
I am a home school mom of 4 (1 graduated) 2 teenagers and 1 -11 year old. Our oldest just turned 20, so hard to believe! Three of our children have some kind of learning challenge and that has made home school ideal for them. I took a sabbatical from homeschooling and they were in school for about 4/5 years. At that time I found a perfect outlet for me – teaching art. I was fortunate to be able to teach art in their school. I love it and see it as a ministry. So many kids that aren’t able to succeed in regular subjects come to art class and succeed. I see it as God’s blessing on me to be able to teach them. At this time I get to teach art to our homeschool co-op. I have been creating art and crocheting since I was about 12. My husband and I have been married almost 23 years now. There just isn’t much spare time!


How did you get your start on Etsy?
How many scarves can 1 family wear?!! Lol. Actually, I started as a chance to sell some of my creations. I enjoy creating all kinds of items and it helps me to be patient with my kids while I am waiting for them to finish their school work. I love the process of creating and problem solving. I also enjoy putting colors and textures together to come up with something unique.

What does a typical day look like for you?
Get up Etsy, teach school, etsy, cook dinner, etsy, oh and drive kids here, drive kids there, church etc…


If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
London England, I just want to go there and see all the history. Other than that I would love to go to Washington DC and see the history there.

What is your favorite Bible verse?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature?
My new items, I get so excited about them.

URLs to where else we can find you on the internet:


Comments (10)

On March 31, 2010 at 8:29 PM , J Honda said...

I am the first comment!!!!! I love you chocolatedogstudio!!! and I LOVE the individuals who work TIRELESSLY on this blog!! not enough thanks could I endow onto them. Please I pray the Holy Spirit moves in your hearts to know that it is so GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

 
On March 31, 2010 at 8:32 PM , sammysgrammy said...

It's so fun to be able to put a face with the shop name and with the red purse.

Rita (samysgrammy)

 
On March 31, 2010 at 9:43 PM , button said...

It's always wonderful to "meet" our casteam-mates.
:o) button

 
On March 31, 2010 at 10:13 PM , Beantree Designs said...

wonderful post, I love "meeting" team members!

 
On March 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Donna said...

Karen,
I loved reading more about you!!!
I just love when we have posts on meeting our team members!!! :)
Hugs,
Donna :)

 
On March 31, 2010 at 11:33 PM , pfd said...

I am of the same mindset, I love meeting our members and hearing about their interests!

 
On April 1, 2010 at 2:02 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Karen, you're so cute. Love seeing photos of our members!

 
On April 1, 2010 at 5:01 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

So nice to get to know you better and learn about your lovely family. You make really good stuff

 
On April 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM , Unknown said...

Very nice work! Love that blue doggy! 8-)

 
On April 2, 2010 at 1:28 PM , Princess Daffy said...

I LOVE Karen, and her sweet and loving spirit! She is always an uplifting presence at CAST, and brings the light of Jesus with her always!