by Cindy Knight of cksilver

Introducing: Deborah Davey
(aka dspdavey)
Deborah from dspdavey

Please take a moment and visit Deborah's shop, and give her some love!

Introduction
Hello, my name is Deb! I live in Melbourne, Australia with my wonderful husband and two cute (but also crazy) little girls who inspired the name of this store: Two Cheeky Monkeys.

I am an ex-research scientist and a stay at home mother who LOVES crafting of all sorts, especially jewellery making, sewing and papercrafting. My husband jokes that I'm addicted to craft and teases me about my hot glue gun whenever something needs fixing!

I was born in Singapore but have lived in Australia for most of my life. I love to travel, especially back to Singapore, but would love to see more of Europe!

I believe I have been very blessed to have the life and lifestyle that I live. Therefore, 10% of profits from my sales are donated to Tear Australia, a Christian aid and advocacy organisation helping people in developing countries (see http://www.tear.org.au).

How did you get your start on Etsy?
I started an Etsy store because I had been unemployed for about a year and had been making lots of jewellery and paper crafts as gifts for friends and family who then said I should try selling my work. I thought about it and prayed about it for a year or so and then made the decision to open an Etsy store because I have loved shopping on Etsy and love the international feel of such a site (although it is a US-based site).

What does a typical day look like for you?
Most days involve me being "mum's taxi" for my two little girls. My oldest is in her final year of kindergarten/preschool so I spend a lot of time driving her back and forth from kindergarten. Then there are extra-curricular activities such as playgroup, swimming lessons and music lessons to ferry kids to as well! In between all the driving, I try to keep up with the housework and running my Etsy store. Jewellery making is usually done while the kids are sleeping.

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
I love Europe, all those old buildings and historical sites. I'm not sure which location in Europe I would pick, however, ha ha.

What is your favorite Bible verse?
Hmmm...this changes depending on my "spiritual needs" but an all time favourite from my wedding is 1 John 4:10 - This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature?
My favourite item tends to change depending on my mood or what I'm really into at the time. I have really enjoyed making these cabochon and filigree headbands and love seeing my little girls run around wearing the ones I made for them for Christmas!
headband from dspdavey

URLs to where else we can find you on the internet:



Comments (16)

On March 10, 2010 at 12:56 PM , Princess Daffy said...

Deb is a lovely sister in Christ and makes beautiful jewelry to boot!
Wonderful feature, and great to get to know you a bit better Deb!

xoxox, Daffy

 
On March 10, 2010 at 1:19 PM , My 7th Heaven said...

Great to get to know Deb a little better! Love the pictures of her too! Wonderful read.

♥Anastasia

 
On March 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Deb, lovely to see you and hear more about how you came to be here!
I love Singapore too - my son lives there and I went for the first time last year.

See you on the thread
Love Julie
Silk N Style

 
On March 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Sue Runyon said...

I love the Wednesday Featured Artists and it's so nice seeing your face and getting to know you better, Deb!

 
On March 10, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Donna said...

I loved learning more about you, Deb! I have one of her rings (the white rose Evelyn ring) and get compliments everywhere I wear it!!
Your work is beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Donna :)

 
On March 10, 2010 at 3:57 PM , Vicki said...

Your work is so lovely. I am glad that your family and friends encouraged you to sell it! It was fun to learn more about you and get to see your smiling face. So glad we are sisters in Christ and in CAST.

 
On March 10, 2010 at 5:59 PM , button said...

I love the delicate flowers in your pieces. So feminine. It was nice to get to know you a little better.
:o) button

 
On March 10, 2010 at 7:24 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Wow, that was fun. Getting to know Deb better and her two little monkies. Just like a little visit down under.

 
On March 10, 2010 at 7:25 PM , pfd said...

Deb... I echo everyone's comments. So nice to see you and hear from your thoughts!
Phyllis

 
On March 10, 2010 at 8:57 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Thank you for all the lovely comments ladies. And thank you to Cindy for the write up. :)

 
On March 10, 2010 at 9:06 PM , Beantree Designs said...

I enjoyed reading about another wonderful artist!

 
On March 11, 2010 at 11:46 AM , cksilver said...

You're welcome, Deb. It is so fun to do these features on everyone, and get to know people from our team more! :) I'll add your blog to the URL list. Hope your shop gets lots of exposure!

 
On March 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM , AngelPups said...

Wonderful feature, Deb!! Your work is beautiful! Congratulations ;-)
God Bless~

 
On March 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM , J Honda said...

Thank you for the wonderful spotlight on Deb!! Her items are lovely ~great job CK!

 
On March 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM , Anonymous said...

Nice to "meet" you Deb. Your jewelry is lovely!
christie (www.luvncrafts.etsy.com)

 
On March 14, 2010 at 1:01 AM , Kathleen said...

Lovely to get to know you! Very pretty creations =)