All CAST members should take note of this announcement since there is some confusion. The OFFICIAL way to tag your items to appear in CAST team searches is:

castteam

There is NO SPACE between cast and team. There is a good reason for this. If you include the space, the word cast and the word team will each be searched independently and you'll get results for both. Many of those results will not be items from CAST members shops. For instance, there are many "cast metal" or "sand cast" items on Etsy. There are members of many, many "teams" on Etsy as well.

Etsy typed in the search words incorrectly on our team profile page and, I believe, have been ask to fix it. Hopefully that will be done soon.

When you are searching, also remember to search "all items" in types of products instead of just "handmade." We have lots of supply and vintage sellers on CAST as well.

Thanks so much,

Sue

Comments (5)

On March 13, 2010 at 1:24 PM , J Honda said...

Thank you Sue!! And. thank you for including EmBound's picture - I love her work!

 
On March 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM , cksilver said...

Thanks for the post, Sue. Hoping everyone will take note!

I usually make my CAST treasuries by searching "castteam", and select people that come up in the search, so if you aren't using that to tag your items I won't see them when I'm making the treasury.

 
On March 13, 2010 at 6:41 PM , button said...

Thank you, Sue. Off to check my tags.
:o) button

 
On March 13, 2010 at 8:56 PM , pfd said...

Sue, this is such a good point for us to be aware of. For my treasuries and my Monday postings I do search castteam so I'm hoping everyone will make sure to have that on their tags!

 
On March 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM , Kathleen said...

Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure that all my tags say that.